At the beginning of the year, I mentioned that this Blog will be all about me. Not just my photography. So as promised, here is my first Blogged recipe. It was going to be lemon chicken, but my family gobbled it up so quickly I did not have a chance to take a photo.
But tonight was a different story. I made Clams in Butter – with those two ingredients, you know it had to be good!
Glass of your favorite White Wine
4lbs of rinsed clams
1 stick of butter
2oz of GOOD olive oil
4 cloves of garlic
1) Pour a class of your very favorite white wine. Pour a sip in the wok and then drink the rest for yourself. 🙂
2) Mince the 4 cloves of garlic (one clove per lb of clams)
3) Put 1/2 stick of butter in the wok and cook until butter is brown. Put in about 1/2 tsp of salt (reg salt will do, but I was watching Food Network, soooo I HAD to have Himalayen salt (LOL)
4) Add Olive Oil, Garlic and Parsley (I used dried Parsley so Sprinkle on top till you cannot see the butter any more (I’m hard of measuring – but I WILL get better)
5) Saute for about a minute and add the clams (dont forget to drink some wine) and stir to make sure coated
6) Put a lid on WOK so they will steam, peek every once in a while and cook until open. If you dont have a lid you can use heavy duty foil (poke holes in it) or you can Food network in up and just saute until they open
7) While clams cook, divide the remaining butter into 4 ramekins and quarter the Meyer lemon and squeze 1/4 of a lemon into the ramekin. And when the clams are done, Pop in microwave until melted – its 20 seconds per container in mine.
8) ENJOY! You can eat with a crusty bread or pasta – I bet a rosemary bread would be amazing. Happy eating!